Sunday 9 December 2012

Keeping busy over the silly season

Such a busy time of year!  Presents to buy, parties to go to, so much going on.  And the shops are so crowded and the parking is so bad that even the most mundane shopping takes twice as long.

Added to which we are going to Singapore next week and I have a lot to prepare before we go, including making batches of dehydrated biscuits, both sweet and savoury to take with us.  Our daughter is afraid that, as raw vegans, we might otherwise starve. 

Also, just to keep ourselves out of mischief, we have been painting (not actually me - my sinuses react very badly to paint - but Colin and a painter) and preparing a very small flat which we have bought to rent out.  Timing is not great - but the sale only completed last week so everything is in a big rush.

And then I finished my fifth book, Rock-a-Bye Baby, and have been proofing it, and editing it over the weekend.   I am hoping to get it up and running on Amazon before we leave.   My internet was down last week for just over 48 hours which I found most frustrating but which actually removed the distraction eough for me to finish my book.  Unfortunately book number six has jumped into my head.  I am trying very hard not to spend time on that now but the temptation is there.  I don't know why I get these ideas - I think it's in the order of 'nature abhors a vacuum' ( just looked that up - it was Aristotle - did you know that?  I didn't).  As soon as I finish, or almost finish one story another takes its place.

Retired?  A lady who lunches?  I should be so lucky!

Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment