Saturday 15 December 2012

Happy Christmas

I am now officially on holiday.  I have achieved what I wanted to do - all five of my completed books are up and running on Amazon, after enormous difficulty with the third one, But a Dream - for some reason the formatting was a nightmare - I had to upload 19 versions before I was satisfied with the end result.  But whatever, it is done and will be ready within a couple of days.  (BTW three of my five books will be free on Kindle on Boxing Day - see www.amazon.com/author/jennygill ).

I don't know quite how Amazon works - my fifth book, Rock-a-Bye Baby, is up on Amazon.co.uk as either a paperback or an eBook but on Amazon.com only as an eBook thus far.  But they did quote 5-7 days so I need to be patient before I contact their customer service department once again.

But now I am going to relax - and get ready for our holiday.  It's a beautiful day so I am going to fit in a swim in the sea (managed yesterday and the day before in spite of a wind which has now dropped) in between wrapping and packing.

Book number six is going well - I am not allowing myself to write a lot and am not even planning to take my laptop on holiday with me but I might just put a few thing on a USB stick so that if I really need to I can write a little,  but not to the point of being unsociable - a real danger when I write, though from all I hear that's very common with writers. 

We are going to a Carols by Candlelight picnic in our church grounds this evening - we go to a beautiful little stone church set between the mountain and the sea in Kalk Bay, a popular resort with a working fishing harbour, so we should be able to look out over the sea while singing carols - it doesn't get much better than that!

This will almost certainly be my last post till I get back so I take this opportunity to wih you a Blessed Christmas and a successful and Happy 2013 (that is assuming we all survive 21st December but I read somewhere that the Mayan's accuracy with dates was questionable so it might be out by about 300 years so I'm not worrying too much).

My sister sent me this delightful clip which I must share with you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCFCeJTEzNU&feature=youtu.be

Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment