Saturday 10 November 2012

Saturday 10th November

Yahoo!  I have just finished Fisherman's Dream!  I feel quite exhausted but elated at the same time.
It will still need checking and possibly tweaking but it's basically finished,

I generally try to write 1000 words a day but sometimes when I want to push on I write quite a bit more.  Today with the end in sight I wrote just under 2000.  I have read several times that Graham Greene used to write 500 words a day then stop, even if mid sentence but I am sure that's just an urban myth.  Besides he almost certainly wrote by hand so would have had to physically count his words.  More likely he knew how many pages in 500 words and stopped at the end of a page - but it's a good story. 

I have got back the completed ebook covers for my other two books, Tightrope and But a Dream, so as soon as I get the manuscripts back from the formatter I can put those on Amazon too. 

I only really started writing novels a bit more than two years ago - I have always written a bit, much of it poetry - but had never thought of a novel.  The first idea just came to me then all the characters arrived, fully formed and I just wrote it down.   The third one, But a Dream, came to me in my sleep - that is I woke up one Saturday morning with the whole story.   Quite weird really.  But quite fun.

I tried sending my books to literary agents but, in common with almost everyone else I have heard of, got nowhere. So now I'm making them into ebooks. Don't know how well they'll go down but hey!  Better than just keeping them on my computer!

We are now off to a gift fair, at the Riding for the Disabled grounds in Constantia.  Should be fun, might even find something to buy and hopefully Phoebe will find some other dogs to play with,  Besides it's all for charity and it's a beautiful day.

Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment